Although an expanded access to court documents for attorneys is anticipated in the near future, currently, copies of case documents must be obtained from the Criminal Court Clerk's Office, Shelby County Criminal Justice Center, 4th Floor, 201 Poplar Ave., Memphis, TN, 38103.
Prepopulated e-Forms can be generated outside the courtroom, and Attorneys can generate the same e-Forms in court from the electronic workstation. E-Forms available include, but are not limited to:
- Judgement Sheets
- Order Accepting Guilty Plea
- Probation Orders
- and many others
Private Attorney Network (PAN)
- Private Attorneys can now get internet access in 201 Poplar. Attorneys must get access to the PAN in order to utilize the enhancements.
- To connect to the PAN:
- Submit this form online.
- Allow 5 business days for completion due to routing and allowing for verification, approvals, and account creation.
- Once your access request has been approved, you will receive a secure email with instructions on connecting to the PAN and to the projectors, in addition to a login and password.
- This account will be deactivated after six months. It can be reactivated; however, it is incumbent upon you to re-submit the form at least five days prior to your login being terminated, so as to prevent a loss of connectivity.
- The PAN was NOT intended to provide unrestricted internet access. Some sites will be unreachable by design.
- Private Attorneys that have laptops connected to the PAN can install software that will allow them to display static images (powerpoint presentations, pictures, .pdf documents, excel files, etc) on the projector directly from their laptop.
- For connectivity issues, view more information.
Courtroom Electronic Workstations
- In order to display a moving video presentation on the projector, we are providing access to an electronic workstation in the courtroom with the projector functioning as a duplicate monitor.
- There are AV connections on the panel next to the PC if you want to use a VCR or another AV source, instead of the PC. You will need to provide the video source as well as the cables to connect to the AV jacks on the wall adjacent to the multimedia electronic workstation .
- There is a VGA port for the projector that attorneys can use to connect their own laptop/notebook/device for display on the projector.
- Elmo HV-110u Digital Visual Presenters are available for use by the attorneys.
- The multimedia electronic workstations in the courtroom have been configured with the Media Player Codec Pack v4.1.1. This Media Player Codec Pack supports almost every compression and file type used by modern video and audio files.
- Electronic workstations are equipped with CD drives and USB ports are available.
Criminal Court Home