How to Apply
To be considered, please read the following information and submit your application
- As required by state and federal regulations to certify your eligibility to work in the United States, Shelby County Government participates in E-Verify. You MUST bring one (1) document with you from list A; OR one (1) document from List B and one (1) document from List C that are on the I-9 form (enclosed).
Please click on the link below for the required acceptable documents
- It is mandatory that you bring your Social Security Card with you. The name that is on your social security card will be used for payroll purposes. If you do not have your social security card, please go to the nearest Social Security Administration (SSA) office to apply for a replacement card. (The SSA letter will not substitute for an actual social security card).
- Applications will only be accepted online
- Must have transportation to assigned work site.
- Must be able to work in inclement weather.
- Must be a Shelby County resident.
- Click here for County Mayor’s Fight Blight Work Crew Application
- Click here for County Mayor’s Fight Blight Supervisor Job Description and Application
Shelby Count Government is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, age, sex, national origin or disability status. Shelby Count Government participates in E-Verify M/F/H/V