CHOICES is TennCare’s program for long-term care services. Long-term care includes help doing everyday activities that you may not be able to do as you grow older or if you have a physical disability. These are activities like bathing, dressing and preparing meals. Long-term care can be provided in a nursing home. Long-term care can also be provided at home, in the community, or in residential places like Assisted Care Living Facilities. Services to help a person stay at home or in the community are called Home and Community-Based Services. The care you receive in CHOICES depends on your needs.
• Be age twenty-one (21) years or older.
• Need the level of care provided in a nursing home.
• Qualify for Medicaid long-term care.
• Your TennCare health plan (or MCO) must be able to safely meet your needs at home.
• AND the cost of your home care can't be more than the cost of nursing home care.
• Personal care visits
• Attendant care
• Homemaker services
• Home-delivered meals
• Personal emergency response system
• Adult day care
• In-home respite care
• In-patient respite care
• Assistive technology
• Minor home modifications
• Pest control
• Community-based residential alternatives
For further information on how to apply for this program, you may call the following toll-free number: 1-866-836-6678