Frequently Asked Questions on Becoming a Service Provider
How can I become a Provider for ACMS?
Area Plans are written on a four year cycle and request for proposals are solicited at that time. 2018 is the 4th year of this cycle and a renewal contract period for existing providers. Existing providers have the option to renew their contract however; it is not an automatic guarantee. Past years’ deliverables, quality of service, and capacity are all taken under consideration.
What licenses do I need?
A business license and licenses as required for each service:
- Homemaker, Personal Care, Sitter and In-Home Respite require a PSSA License.
- Adult Day Care requires a Nursing Home, Assisted Living or Adult Day Care license.
- Institutional Respite requires licensure as a Nursing Facility.
For more information call the West TN Licensure Office 731-984-9684
What are the Financial Requirements?
- Line of Credit, Tax Return & 3 Months Operating Expenses.
- Proof of Liability Insurance (minimum $1,000,000).
- Proof of Workers Compensation Insurance (minimum $1,000,000).
What Policies & Procedures are Required?
- All staff with client contact must be screened with documentation of background checks (sex offender registry, parole & probation check, elder abuse check) and compliance with health history requirements. Acceptable documentation of above is required in all personnel records.
- Written Confidentiality Policy.
- Title VI Plan
- HIPAA Policy
- Policy & Procedure Manual.
- Employee Training Manual.
- Provider agency must provide on-site supervisory visits every 30 days with written documentation.
- Must comply with Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA).
- Job Descriptions, Quality Assurance Plan and backup system for Continuity of Services.
To become a CHOICES provider call the Managed Care Organizations (MCOs) directly to request an application: United Healthcare – 1-800-690-1606 r 901-248-1552, Blue Cross Blue Shield – 1-800-357-0453, and Amerigroup: 1-800-600-4441.
For additional provider opportunities you may contact Latesha Lyons, Program Development Grants Specialist at 901-222-4100 or firstname.lastname@example.org.