Health Fair and Community Event Request
The Shelby County Division of Community Services promotes ongoing economic security and independence for the people of Shelby County. We do this by promoting, coordinating and delivering services that address the underlying conditions of well being and justice. We work to educate individuals and groups about the problems that impact County residents and the services we offer to support those who are struggling. Our outreach programming includes participation in community events such as health fairs, educational seminars and programming in the faith community.
If you are interested in having staff from the Division of Community Services present at your next event, please review the guidelines below before submitting a request form online.
Health Fair and Community Events Participation Guidelines
The Division of Community Services will use the following guidelines when screening requests to participate in health fairs or other presentations. The purpose of these events should lend themselves to:
- Promoting empowerment of participants;
- Increasing knowledge of services offered by the departments within the Division;
- Encouraging participants to develop plans to overcome current barriers to success;
- Engaging participants in programs to address their ongoing needs;
- Increasing understanding of available resources in their communities;
- Promoting cooperation among private, faith-based, voluntary, and government sectors;
Response to requests for Health Fair or Community Event participation:
All requests will be screened (based on the established criteria below) by the Division of Community Services. Requests are reviewed as they are submitted to assure a quick turn-around time. The request will be forwarded to the department that best meets the stated need for participation and they will make contact to finalize arrangements*.
*Additional criteria may be used by individual departments and services to evaluate needs specific to their particular program objectives and available resources.
- Timeliness – requests must be received a minimum of 4 weeks prior to the event date.
- Service match – specific requests for services or activities should align with the mission, vision, and outreach objectives and services of the Division of Community Services.
- Resource availability – determine if Community Services personnel and resources are available to comply with the request.
- Date availability – are personnel or resources available for the date/time requested?
- Target audience – Is the event audience appropriate and will the number of people attending make a community impact?
- Event sponsor – The requesting party should represent a specific organization and there should be evidence that their event is well-planned and organized.
Follow up on confirmed health fair/event participation
After completing the screening, the Division of Community Services will send the request to the appropriate department. Staff from that department will contact the requesting party and coordinate participation. This includes scheduling of staff and providing a professional display and/or services appropriate to the event or activity. If you have any questions, please contact Anna Whalley, Coordinator of Clinical and Strategic Partnerships at (901) 222-2092 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.