MAPS - DPD GIS Viewer/Zoning Atlas
Access to the Zoning Atlas is available here
To display zoning districts and other land use control information for Memphis and Unincorporated Shelby County, use the following steps:
- Download the FREE Microsoft Silverlight interface available as prompted after accessing the link above.
- When the map displays, click on the Map icon (earth symbol)
- Click on the Hide/Show Layers option
- On the legend displaying options, select the DPD option by clicking on the pointer for this option.
- Select information options to be displayed by clicking the appropriate boxes
- To view the locations of the sensitive drainage basins, go to "Boundary Layer"
to view a map of the Overlay and Special Purpose districts in Memphis.
Sensitive Drainage Basins
Administrative Site Plan Review by the City or County Engineering Departments is, in part, triggered by a site's location within a sensitive drainage basin. These basins are now on the zoning atlas under the "Boundary Layer."
FEMA FIRMs (Flood Insurance Rate Maps)
to access the FEMA website that contains the Flood Insurance Rate Maps. These maps contain the 100 year flood plain, and if quantified in a particular area, the base flood eveations (BFE).
3-Mile and 5-Mile Extraterritorial Jurisdiction
Click here to view the 3-mile and 5-mile extraterritorial jurisdictions of the City of
Memphis. For all subdivisions within 3 miles of the City of Memphis and
in unincorporated territory and for all zoning cases within 5 miles of
the City of Memphis and in unincorporated territory, the Memphis City
Council has jurisdiction over the approval or appeal of projects, in
conjunction with the Shelby County Board of Commissioners.
Planned Development Outline and Final Plans may be accessed from the Shelby County Register of Deeds. On the Register's homepage
you can either type in the name of the planned development on the left
hand of the screen (under "Last Name/Company") or use the GIS program on
the right hand of the screen if you know the address or the area of the
County into which to zoom.
For zoning information for the following municipalities, contact their respective city offices (links are provided below):