MAPS - DPD GIS Viewer/Zoning Atlas
Access to the Zoning Atlas is available here
To display zoning districts and other land use control information for Memphis and Unincorporated Shelby County, use the following steps:
- Download the FREE Microsoft Silverlight interface available as prompted after accessing the link above (if you are unable to download Silverlight onto your computer, you can utilize this alternate zoning atlas that does not require that program).
- When the map displays, click on the Map icon (earth symbol)
- Click on the Hide/Show Layers option
- On the legend displaying options, select the DPD option by clicking on the pointer for this option.
- Select information options to be displayed by clicking the appropriate boxes
- To view the locations of the sensitive drainage basins, go to "Boundary Layer"
to view a map of the Overlay and Special Purpose districts in Memphis.
Planned Development Outline and Final Plans may be accessed from the Shelby County Register of Deeds. On the Register's homepage
, you can either type in the name of the planned development on the left hand of the screen (under "Last Name/Company") or use the GIS program on the right hand of the screen if you know the address or the area of the County into which to zoom.
Sensitive Drainage Basins
Administrative Site Plan Review by the City or County Engineering Departments is, in part, triggered by a site's location within a sensitive drainage basin. These basins are now on the zoning atlas under the "Boundary Layer."
For zoning information for the following municipalities, contact their respective city offices (links are provided below):