Responsibilities and DutiesEmployee Benefits oversees the administration of all medical, dental, life, and disability as well as voluntary benefits programs for Shelby County Government.
Currently, Employee Benefits is responsible for three health plans: CIGNA HRA CHOICE GOLD, CIGNA OAPIN SILVER (formerly HMO) and CIGNA HRA STANDARD BRONZE serving approximately 10,000 active employees, retirees and municipalities employees. For most employees, these benefits are valued as much as 40% of their base salary.
A number of benefits and benefit options are offered to employees through Shelby County's Flexible Benefit Plan, which allows the employee contribution to be paid with pre-tax earnings. Under this program, changes in benefit plans may be made only once a year during an annual open enrollment period, unless there is a change in family status as specified in the Plan's guidelines. Efforts to maintain quality benefits at reasonable costs are ongoing and will continue to be a primary concern of Shelby County Government.
Mission Statement: Employee Benefits is committed to providing competitive benefits and quality service.
Vision Statement: To become the premier employee benefits department providing competitive benefits utilizing innovative resources to make our customers better consumers of related benefits services.
Got A Question?Employees can call 901-222-2346 or email their question to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Shelby County Government Employee Care Clinic (ECC)
- Medical Premiums
- Medical Benefits Summaries
- Medical Insurance
- Spousal Carve Out
- Summary of Benefits and Coverage (SBC)
- Pharmacy (Prescription Drug)
- Regional One Health (formerly The MED)
- 90 Day Prescription Retail Pharmacies
- Prescription Drug Coverage and Medicare
- Life Insurance
- Short Term Disability Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- AFLAC (Cancer Insurance)
- COBRA Health Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) CONCERN
- HIPPA Privacy Notice
- Plan Participant Notice
- Wellness Program - Total Health
- Retirement at a Glance
- Healthy Babies, Healthy Pregnancies Reward Program
- Medicare Creditable Disclosure Notice