Informal bids (quotes) are solicited from Vendors for any purchases below $50,000.
Formal bids (sealed bids, requests for proposals, requests for qualifications) are solicited from Vendors for any purchases at, or over, $50,000. View open Formal bids
Shelby County Government formal bid list (all formal bids
): View SCG Formal bids
Shelby County Government Purchasing Department currently utilizes an online bidding process for most sealed bids
with Mercury Commerce Solutions. This system is a fully automated online bidding process, via the internet. All interested vendors are required to register with Mercury Commerce in order to be notified of online bids. There is no charge for this registration, and it is easy to use. To register:
- Go to www.esmsolutions.com
- Locate “Suppliers” at the top of the home page, then click on “For Suppliers” in the drop down box
- View “Sourcing Supplier"
- Under “Register” select “Mercury”
- Complete Vendor Registration process
- Continue and Submit
- If you have questions about the registration process, contact Mercury Commerce Solutions' parent company - ESM Solutions - at (877) 969-7246. If you have already registered with either Mercury Commerce Solutions or eSchoolMall (both ESM Solutions Companies), there is no need to register again.
If you have any other questions concerning this bidding process, please contact Shelby County Government Purchasing Office at (901) 222-2250