COVID-19 Pandemic Information
Please see the most recent Tennessee Supreme Court Order and Judge Dan Michael’s Order suspending in-person court hearings from the close of business on Friday, March 13, 2020 through Friday, July 3, 2020. In-person court hearings are now suspended (except for emergency hearings) through Friday, July 3, 2020. Court hearings will be reset at a future date to hear in person, unless it is determined that your case can be heard sooner via video through Zoom. You will receive a notice by mail as to your reset date for either an in-person hearing or a Zoom (video) hearing. Juvenile Court and the Juvenile Court Clerk’s Office remain open for business from 8:00 am to 4:30 pm. Should you need further assistance please call Juvenile Court at 901-222-0800 or Juvenile Court Clerk’s Office at 901-222-0600.Judge Dan Michael's Amended Order 5-28-2020
Responsibilities & Organization
Juvenile justice initiatives overseen by Shelby County Juvenile Court include:
- Assessment screening for juveniles detained for serious offenses
- Evaluation referrals for youth affected by mental health issues and substance abuse
Juvenile Court has eight courtrooms where juvenile and child support cases are heard.
Let us know your thoughts/comments.
Complete a survey today
As part of the Court's agreement with The United States Department of Justice the Court, in conjunction with the Shelby County IT Department, has created a "Data Dashboard." The dashboard is designed to provide information about the Court's progress with the agreement with the DOJ.
JUVENILE COURT DATA DASHBOARD
LETTER TO CHAIRMAN VAN TURNER 10-22-18
LOCAL 24 NEWS - PLANNING FOR NEW JUVENILE JUSTICE FACILITY
For information on DOJ Compliance click on the Department of Justice Compliance Page link on the left of this page.
- Annual Report
- Rules of the Court
- Title IV-D (Shelby County Child Support Services) (Phone # 901-432-6700)
- Volunteer Services
- 100 Years of Juvenile Court - A Century of Service (1910 - 2010)
- Ceasefire Gun Safety Program
- Top 10 Incident Zips by Race
- Waived Criminal Court
- Top 10 Delinquent Charges Grouped By Zip Codes and Race
- Top 10 Delinquent Charges Group by Race
- Juvenile Court Referrals from Law Enforcement Agencies Grouped by Agency, Race and Referral Method
- Juveniles Admitted to Detention Center and Reception & Release