NEWS & ANNOUNCEMENTS
Effective Monday March 23, 2020:
Probate Court Clerk’s Office Will Be Appointment Only
In our efforts to reduce/stop the spread of the coronavirus (COVID-19) the Probate Court Clerk’s Office will be moving to appointment only for all court related activities. The following steps will be taken:
1) To schedule an appointment please call 901-222-3771
2) Once you have secured an appointment please arrive at your assigned time to process your request.
3) Request will be limited to activities on two (2) probate cases per appointment.
4) Those without appointments will be asked to wait outside (seating is available in our hallway) until an available time slot is open.
5) The following appointment windows will be available:
Monday – Thursday
9:00am – 11:30am and
1:30pm – 3:30pm
6) Friday Probate Court will be closed the entire day.
This schedule will run through
March 31, 2020 April 30, 2020 and will be updated as new information is provided. Probate Court thanks each of you for your patience and understanding as we navigate these uncharted waters together.
March 13, 2020:
Effective Monday, March 16, 2020 all in-person court activities are suspended through March 31, 2020. This includes open court, scheduled hearings, and name changes. Probate court thanks each of you for your understanding and cooperation at this time as we all combat the current coronavirus. Please continue to check the probate court’s website for further updates as they become available. For any questions please call the Probate Court’s office at (901) 222-3750. Thank you.
To read the full order from the Tennessee Supreme Court click here.
The Probate Court oversees the following:
- Corrections to birth certificates
- Judicial hospitalization under the Mental Health Law
- Name changes
- Wills and Estates
For copy orders - please e-mail email@example.comFor additional information or help navigating the website please call (901) 222-3750 or email firstname.lastname@example.org .