The Shelby County Housing Rehabilitation Program is for improving housing conditions for low and moderate-income families outside the city limits of Memphis by correcting health and safety hazards and code violations.
The purpose of the rehabilitation program is:
- Reduction of unsafe unsanitary housing conditions
- Neighborhood preservation, neighborhood reinvestment, and community pride
- Improvement to low-and-moderate income owner occupants and correction of housing code violations
- Preserve the existing housing stock
The Rehabilitation Program assists homeowners’ who can meet the following qualifications:
- Live in Shelby County outside of the city of Memphis. Applicants must live in one of the following cities or towns: Arlington, Bartlett, Collierville, Germantown, Unincorporated Memphis/Shelby County, and Millington.
- Homeowners must meet HUD income requirements:
|Household Size||Income Level|
How To Apply
New applications are not currently being accepted. Please check back on July 1, 2020 for an update.
To apply for assistance, complete the application for the Rehabilitation Program. Be sure all questions are answered and the requested documentation is returned with the application. The application will be available for download here once SCDH begins accepting applications again. Completed applications and related documentation can be mailed to the following address:
Ms. Antoinette Knowlton, Housing Department
1075 Mullins Station Road
Memphis, TN 38134
For additional information about the Rehabilitation Program, contact Ms. Antoinette Knowlton Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM - 4:30 PM at (901) 222-7605.