Request a Speaker, Presentation, or Table
Would you like someone to be at your event as a resource or to make a presentation? Our outreach programming includes participation in community events such as fairs, educational seminars, community meetings, and programming in the faith community.
Presentations can include information about the spectrum of services we provide for a variety of audiences including:
- Families struggling to pay their bills
- Families with young children
- Seniors and vulnerable adults
- Individuals who face possible incarceration or who have been previously incarcerated
- Victims of crimes including gun violence and sexual abuse
- Job seekers
- Newly arrived immigrants
About the Division of Community Services
The Shelby County Division of Community Services promotes ongoing economic security and independence for the people of Shelby County. We do this by promoting, coordinating and delivering services that address the underlying conditions of well-being and justice. We work to educate individuals and groups about the problems that impact County residents and the services we offer to support those who are struggling.
The Division of Community Services will use the following guidelines when screening requests to participate in fairs or other presentations. The purpose of your event should aim to:
- Empower participants
- Increase knowledge of available resources in their communities to address their ongoing needs and overcome obstacles
- Promote cooperation among different sectors including non-profits, companies, faith organizations, voluntary, and government sectors
Online Request Form
All requests will be screened (based on the established criteria below) by the Division of Community Services. Requests are reviewed as they are submitted to assure a quick turn-around time. The request will be forwarded to the department that best meets the stated need for participation and they will make contact to finalize arrangements.
- Timeliness – requests must be received a minimum of 4 weeks prior to the event date.
- Service match – specific requests for services or activities should align with the mission, vision, and outreach objectives and services of the Division of Community Services.
- Resource availability – determine if Community Services personnel and resources are available to comply with the request.
- Date availability –personnel or resources available for the date and time requested.
- Target audience –event audience is appropriate and number of participants large enough to make an impact.
- Event planning – specified organization or host with proven track record of well-planned and successful events.
You should receive confirmation your request was received in two business days and follow up communication from the appropriate department will arrive within one week.
If you have any questions, please contact the Community Engagement and Outreach office at 901-222-2092 or email us at CommunityServicesInfo@shelbycountytn.gov