COVID-19 Resident Relief Fund Program-Round 2
The Division of Community Services will render roughly $1.3M to assist Shelby County residents working in the hospitality and airline industry through the COVID-19 Resident Relief Fund Program. The application will be available online for qualified residents to apply beginning Friday, September 11th-Friday, September 25th, 2020.
The program offers three (3) categories of relief:
- Rent/Mortgage Assistance- by working with residents to make direct payments to landlords and mortgage companies. Each resident can receive up to $1,500 in assistance based on need.
- Utility Assistance- by providing direct payments in the amount of $500 to MLGW on behalf of eligible residents.
- Food and Essentials- by working with local grocery stores to provide $300 in food and essentials for eligible residents.
Shelby County residents are eligible to apply under the following criteria:
- Must be a resident of Shelby County, Tennessee.
- Must be able to show proof of residency.
- Must be able to show proof of loss of qualified employment or at least 50% of earned income of qualified employment as of March 11, 2020.
- Must have a current household monthly income at or below 400% of the Federal Poverty Income Guideline (see guideline below).
- Must be able to meet additional criteria as outlined by the specific relief offered.
*People in Household
$51,040.00 or less
$4,253.00 or less
$68,960.00 or less
$5,747.00 or less
$86,880.00 or less
$7,240.00 or less
$104,800.00 or less
$8,733.00 or less
$122,720.00 or less
$10,227.00 or less
$140,640.00 or less
$11,720.00 or less
$158,560.00 or less
$13,213.00 or less
$176,480.00 or less
$14,707.00 or less
*U.S. Department of Health & Human Services Poverty Guidelines for 2020
Qualifying jobs within the Hospitality Industry
-Barista -Waiter/waitress (restaurants)
-Bartender -Hotel personnel (housekeepers, front desk services)
-Entertainers (musicians, actors/actresses, singers)
-Cook -Event planner
-Flight attendant -Cruise ship attendant
-Catering assistants -Host/hostess (restaurants)
-Travel agents -Busboys
-Casino personnel (dealers, front desk services, waiters/waitresses, etc.)
For questions, residents can email the Division of Community Services at Covid19relief@shelbycountytn.gov.
- What is the COVID-19 Resident Relief Fund Program?
- What type of assistance does the COVID-19 Resident Relief Fund Program offer?
- What is the eligibility requirement to access these funds?
- What is considered a qualifying job within the hospitality industry?
- How can I apply for funding?
- What is the timeline for response after my application has been submitted?
- What if I have applied for utility and rent/mortgage assistance through the Community Services Agency (CSA)?
- What is the response I should see when I hit submit?