Total Health Wellness Center Registration
The onsite wellness and fitness center is available for use by Shelby County Government employees:
- Full-time and part-time employees
Membership is required for use of the wellness and fitness center. Every individual is required to complete the Wellness Center Registration Form. The form shall be retained on file by the Wellness Coordinator.
- Members are to be respectful to one another.
- No horseplay is permitted. Disorderly conduct is prohibited.
- Members are asked to sign in at the wellness and fitness center every time the room is used.
- Proper attire for physical activity must be worn at all times, which includes t-shirts,
shorts, sneakers, leotards, or tights. Athletic clothing must cover the midsection and chest. Clean closed-toed athletic footwear is required. No sandals, flip-flops, boots, heels, or crocs are allowed. No jeans, belts, keys, or any clothing that may cause damage to upholstery may be worn. Clothing with vulgar messages is prohibited.
- Members are asked to bring their own towels for showers or other use.
- Members shall wipe each machine clean of perspiration after each use. Bottles of sanitizing solution and paper towels are also available for use.
- Members are asked not to misuse or mistreat the equipment. Exercise equipment should be used according to its intended purpose and design. Please observe the signs posted on these machines. If a piece of equipment does not work properly, please stop using it and notify the Wellness Coordinator immediately.
- Food and gum are prohibited in exercise areas. Only water in plastic water bottles with spill-proof caps is allowed (no glass).
- Strength training equipment is used on a first-come, first-served basis. You may not reserve a piece of equipment for a specific time period.
- During peak hours cardiovascular equipment (bikes, treadmills, elliptical machines) shall be limited to 30 minutes. Peak hours are from 11a-1p and 4p-6p.
- Cell phones are prohibited on the exercise floor. If you must use your phone, please do so outside the fitness center.
- The Wellness center is monitored through security cameras. For your protection, any accident or incident must be reported immediately to the Wellness Coordinator.
- An emergency phone is located at the room entrance to contact the Shelby County Sherriff’s department in case of an emergency.
SHOWERS & LOCKERS
- Showers and changing areas are available at both the men’s and women’s bathrooms located near the wellness and fitness center.
- Members shall bring their own towels and toiletries.
- Members are asked to limit time in showers to allow for others’ use.
- Please respect others by cleaning up after yourself in the locker rooms.
- Shelby County Government is not responsible for lost, stolen, or damaged personal property.
- Any personal items left in the locker rooms or fitness facility floor will be placed in the “lost and found”. Items will be kept until the end of the month and then thrown out.
- No items are to be left overnight in lockers.
CLEANING & MAINTENANCE
- All wellness center equipment is on a monthly preventative maintenance schedule.
- The Wellness center is inspected on a monthly basis to detect and promptly correct any hazards or unsafe conditions.
- The Wellness Center is on a routine cleaning schedule.
- Please report any equipment that is damaged or in need of repair to the Wellness Coordinator.
*If any membership rules are violated, the member forfeits his/her membership, under the discretion of the Wellness Coordinator.
The hours of operation for the fitness facility are from 6 am – 7 pm. No one is allowed access to the facility other than during the hours prescribed. Only those given access by the Fitness Facility Manager will be allowed gym usage. To access the facility, you must use your County issued proxy card at the front entrance. If you work at another Shelby County Government location with a different County ID other than what is pictured below, you must have an ID card made. To have your ID card made, you must go to HR at 160 N. Main 7th floor, between the hours of 8a-11a or 1:30p-3:30p M-F. Please be aware that it may take up to 48 hours to process your ID for full access. You may visit the fitness center during supervised hours until your ID card is granted access.
The wellness facility closes at 7 pm. All members must be out of the facility at that time.
Shelby County Government is not responsible for any lost, stolen, or damaged ID cards. All replacement ID cards are $7 dollars and must be paid in cash only.