Shelby County Will Participate in Nationwide Weather Hazards Event This April
Federal Emergency Management Agency to Announce Details This Week
Representatives from the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) will be in Memphis later this week to talk about Shelby County’s PrepareAthon.
The PrepareAthon will be held April 25-29, and will encourage schools, businesses, community groups, faith-based organizations and neighborhood associations to focus on weather hazards and how to prepare and respond to them.
FEMA representatives Greg Padgett and Lisa Janak Newman will discuss the PrepareAthon this coming Thursday, January 28, 10:00 a.m., at the Shelby County Office of Preparedness Emergency Operations Center, 1075 Mullins Station Road.
PrepareAthon topics include:
• Monday April 25: Understanding Weather Alerts and Warnings
• Tuesday April 26: Local Flooding Risks
• Wednesday April 27: Preparing for Tornadoes
• Thursday April 29: Earthquake Awareness and Response
• Friday April 30: Special Needs in Disasters
For more information about FEMA’s planning session for Shelby County’s PrepareAthon, contact Shelby County Office of Preparedness Director Dale Lane at (901) 222-6700.
(End of Release)