How do I get emergency housing assistance?

The Shelby County Department of Housing does not provide emergency housing assistance. 

Contact Metropolitan Interfaith Association (MIFA) to inquire about the following programs:

Emergency Services- assists seniors on fixed incomes and the working poor who have experienced temporary crisis with rent, mortgage payments, utilities, and food. 

Phone: (901) 527-0226

Emergency Shelter Placement- helps families with minor children secure temporary shelter if homelessness cannot be avoided through mediation. 

Phone: (901) 529-4522

Homeless Hotline- 24-hour hotline helps connect homeless families with minor children in Memphis and Shelby County to shelter. 

Phone: (901) 529-4545

Rapid Rehousing- helps eligible homeless families quickly obtain permanent stable housing. 

Phone: (901) 529-4524

Contact the Memphis Fair Housing Center to inquire about other emergency housing services at (901) 432-4663.

Show All Answers

1. How do I apply for the Rehabilitation Program?
2. Can I complete a Shelby County Department of Housing program application online?
3. When will work start on my house?
4. If Shelby County Department of Housing does work on my home, do I have to pay for it?
5. Can I have the contractor of my choice for the work done on my home?
6. When will the lien on my home be released?
7. Who do I call if I have a Fair Housing complaint?
8. How do I get help with my tenant landlord issues?
9. How do I get information about a Subordination Agreement?
10. I live in the City of Memphis, how do I get help?
11. How do I become a contractor?
12. Can I submit an application for Section 8 housing?
13. How do I get emergency housing assistance?
14. How can I get assistance with mortgage and/or utility payments?
15. Who do I contact if I have a bug or mold problem in my home?
16. What if I have an issue that is not listed here?