- Chief Administrative Officer
- Human Resources
- Employment Opportunities
Welcome to the Shelby County Government, where employees make the difference in the lives of our county’s 935,000 plus residents and the millions who visit here. We invite you to apply for employment opportunities available with Shelby County Government.
Our goal is to recruit and retain a highly-qualified and diverse workforce, provide opportunities that promote professional development and to foster a safe, healthy, and productive work environment that will allow us to provide quality services to the public.
Shelby County employees hired after September 1, 1986, must be residents of Shelby County and shall continue to reside in the County as a condition of their employment. The residency requirement shall not apply to certain public safety/civil service employees, please refer to the position posting for this requirement.
Shelby County Government (SCG) employees apply their professional expertise, and unique skill sets to their work every day, including qualifying military experience. As a prospective SCG employee with previous armed services experience, you can apply your tactical skills, leadership, integrity, and teamwork to promote, protect and improve the health and environment of all Shelby County residents. We are an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply.
Candidates will be selected to move forward in the hiring process based upon qualifications. After interviews are complete and an offer is made, the candidate will be subject to a background check for any convictions that have a substantial relationship to potential job duties. Convictions and arrest histories will not automatically disqualify a candidate.
Requests for ADA accommodation for the recruitment process should be directed via email to HRinfo@shelbycountytn.gov.
PLEASE READ CAREFULLY BEFORE APPLYING FOR ANY POSITIONS!!!
- Carefully read the job descriptions and requirements for the position before applying by clicking “Details” next to the job title.
- Apply online by selecting the job title you are interested in and click "Apply Now".
- If this is your first time applying online, you must create an account and select a Username and Password. After your account is established, you will begin your application. Your application may be saved and used to apply for more than one job opening.
- If you have previously created an account or applied using this system click “Apply Now” and login to use your saved application.
- Please carefully follow the instructions outlined in the application screen to ensure your application is submitted correctly for the position.
- You are responsible for documenting that you meet all of the requirements for the position. An incomplete application, missing documents, or false responses to questions may result in disqualification. It is important that your application include all relevant education and experience, including your Shelby County Government jobs. Before applying for a position, please update your profile (address, education, work history, etc.) to ensure that the most current information is considered as a part of the application.
- Applications are accepted until 11:59 pm CST on the closing date in the job posting.
- You will be notified by email only, regarding the status of your application. The Human Resources office will not provide application status by telephone.